Hello, drone enthusiasts! Welcome to my Potensic T25 review.
Let’s clear this out first: no one, and I mean no one, wants to buy a super expensive drone and crash it the next day and even spend more money. Well, that is why drones like the Potensic T25 are useful; they are in a special category called “beginner drones.”
The Potensic T25 is a beginner drone; try to imagine it like a training wheel before you move to more expensive drones. Before purchasing an expensive drone, you should familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of flying a drone (preferably on a durable and cheaper drone).
If you are a drone enthusiast and do not want to splurge so much cash on a drone, the Potensic T25 is the drone for you; it has some of the cutting-edge features found in expensive drones and is sure to give you a satisfactory flight experience.
In this Potensic T25 review, I will go over the features and benefits of this beginner drone to show you if the drone is the right choice for you before you go ahead and purchase it.
- Quick Overview of the Potensic T25
- What’s Inside The Potensic T25 Box
- Potensic T25 Specifications
- Features and Benefits of the Potensic T25
- Potensic T25 Pros and Cons
- Potensic T25 Set Up
- Best Alternatives to the Potensic T25
- Final Thoughts on the Potensic T25
Quick Overview of the Potensic T25
The Potensic T25 is equipped with a 2K camera that is capable of taking aerial shots and recording videos. This T25 is GPS enabled, which means its altitude hold is good and the “Return to Home” feature is guaranteed. Videos can be streamed on your phone or stored on your SD card. The T25 has a 300-meter flying range and comes with intelligent modular batteries.
The Potensic T25 may not be one of the most advanced drones on the market. But its flight capabilities are still top-notch and will be perfect for beginners to learn. It is also a perfect gift for kids and teenagers for recreational use.
The Potensic T25 is perfect for beginners, kids, and teenagers. It is easy to fly and handles very well. It comes fixed with a protective propeller guard to prevent any injury during accidents.
What’s Inside The Potensic T25 Box
- 1 x Potensic T25 Drone with Camera
- 1 x Backpack
- 3 x 3.7V 1000mAh Battery
- 1 x Remote Control
- 1 x USB Battery Charger
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Extra Landing Gear
- 4 x Extra Propeller Blades
- 4 x Extra Protection Guards
Potensic T25 Specifications
- Model: T25-2K-W
- Item Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Video Capture Resolution: 1080p
- Included Components: RC Drone
- Skill Level: beginner
- Battery Capacity: 1000 Milliamp Hours
- Control Type: Remote Control
- Media Type: SD
- Control Type: Remote Control
- Package Dimensions :10.1 x 7.6 x 2.9 inches
- Are Batteries Included: Yes
- Batteries: Two lithium polymer batteries are required. (included)
Features and Benefits of the Potensic T25
Let’s go over the features of the Potensic T25 and its benefits to users.
Design and Build
The Potensic T25 has the typical quadcopter design that is seen in a lot of drones. The T25 is no different, with each arm of the quadcopter sporting its own light. This drone can be classified as a small drone with a measurement of 10.1 x 7.6 x 2.9 inches.
Just like most Potensic drones, this one weighs less than 250 grams. This design adds to its mobility in the air, and it’s also a pretty fast drone. Since it weighs less than 250 grams, you do not need to register it with the FAA before flying. See, it’s already saving you some stress.
In total transparency, the T25’s size and design have no added advantage when flying in windy conditions. However, it is flyable in moderate to low winds, but the quadcopter would have to use the highest speed, which can inversely affect the battery and may eat into your flight time.
The detachable battery fits in a hole that can be found on the side of the drone, while the camera is fixed underneath the drone to give it enough clearance to capture footage from different angles.
Battery Flight Time
The Potensic T25 is powered by a 3.7V 1000mAh Li-Po battery that gives it a 7-8-minute flight time, which is different from the 10-minute flight time that’s advertised on the sales page.
After testing, the Potensic T25 battery takes around 1 hour to charge completely, which is impressive compared with other drones of similar size and battery that usually take 5 hours to charge completely.
You can always have two batteries on hand; that way, you get up to 14 to 16 minutes of flight time, so purchasing extra batteries may be the way to go.
The Potensic T25 is equipped with a 2K camera that is capable of taking aerial shots and recording video. Because the T25 lacks a camera gimbal, videos, and images can be shaky. This can be corrected a bit with more experience with flying the drone to give a more stable video and picture quality.
The wide-angle lens has a 120-degree field of view that can capture maximum details in your shot. While the 75-degree adjustable camera lens can capture photos and videos from different perspectives,
the photos can be saved on your phone, while videos can be stored on your SD card. Your smartphone prevents losing the picture in the event of a lost signal or low battery.
However, do not expect the videos to be of the same quality as those from other, significantly more expensive drones.
The Potensic T25 remote is great to handle; it has a similar design to other drone remote controllers.
The remote control is not difficult to figure out; it’s pretty straightforward, like the return home button, power button, take off button, and land button.
The front of the remote controller houses the joysticks, that are used to direct the drone during flight. To change the speed from low to medium to high, press the right joystick ( you do not have to press and hold, just tap and release).
At the center is the power button for switching on/off the remote controller. To the right-hand side is the Return to Home button (press to activate the Return to Home sequence and long press to deactivate it). To the left-hand side is the one key take-off/ emergency stop button (tap to initiate the auto-take-off button and long press to initiate the emergency stop button).
On the back of the remote controller, towards the left-hand side, is the follow me button (this can be activated during flight), and directly underneath it is the camera/ video button (short press to take photos, long press for video recording).
Still at the back of the remote controller, to the right hand, is the camera down button (to move the camera angle down), and underneath it is the camera up button.
The remote comes with a battery and a USB port for charging; you will not have to charge the controller a lot as they are pretty long-lasting. You have to download the Potensic drone app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices, to connect your smartphone to the drone and also utilize the FPV feature.
The Potensic T25 has a maximum range of 300 meters before it loses connection with your smartphone and remote control. The good thing about this drone is that it will continue to record footage even after it loses connection and save it to the SD card attached to the camera.
Another advantage of the Potensic T25 is that it saves you money on repairs and replacements by automatically activating its Return to Home function during low battery, weak signal, or when flying out of range and returning to its initial launch position so you don’t lose it due to crashes and damages…
GPS-Assisted Flight Experience
The GPS-assisted flight feature provides you with accurate positioning details for your drone. If the GPS is on, it enables the return home function, just in case you lose sight of the drone.
Speed and Power
The Potensic T25 comes with a 3-speed mode, which can be adjusted from the left-hand side of the controller to vary your speed during flight. Potensic doesn’t give a direct specification of the speed on the sales page, but many people who purchased the drone on Amazon testified on how far it can go.
You should be careful about going into full-speed mode because it doesn’t have an obstacle avoidance mode. Plus, you’re more likely to collide with obstacles if you’re a beginner drone pilot. so, avoid places with trees.
Like most other drones, the Potensic T25 is made of plastic (reinforced plastic) and some aluminum. The drone is light and very easy to carry.
The Potensic T25 is fairly durable, despite being made of light and strong plastic; it can even stay together after falling one or two times. However, you should take precautions.
Potensic T25 Pros and Cons
Here, I’ll go over what I like and don’t like about the Potensic T25
Pros: What I Like About the Potensic T25
- The take-off is pretty simple.
- The GPS signal is very strong and does not lag
- Its user interface is pretty basic, and novice fliers will quickly catch up.
- Very reliable and fun to use for beginners
- It comes right out of the box ready to use
- Very super simple to calibrate
- Built-in altitude hold function allows the drone to fly while its height locked
- It has amazing specs like GPS, a “follows me” mode, a return to home, and intelligent batteries.
- Instruction manuals are easy to follow (they did a great job transmitting from Chinese to English)
- It records and saves your footage on both the SD card on the drone and your phone’s memory.
Cons: What I Don’t Like About The Potensic T25
- It can be difficult to fly during windy periods
- The drone doesn’t have a gimbal attached to it, so your footage can be shaky during windy conditions.
- Video recording can be shaky
- The follow me button can have a lag in response time
- It doesn’t have obstacle avoidance mode. This means you have to fly the drone in open areas without lamp posts, tall buildings, electricity lines, trees, and other obstacles.
Potensic T25 Set Up
I’ll go over some basic setups for the Potensic T25 if you’re a beginner drone pilot who doesn’t know how to set up the drone. However, you’ll have to exercise patience so you don’t screw things up.
1. Charging the Potensic T25
The first step is to charge the Potensic T25 remote control and the drone battery with the USB cord. Unfortunately, only one USB cable is provided in the package, so you’ll either have to wait for one of them to get full before charging the other or simply buy another USB cable.
2. Assembling the Potensic T25
Putting on the propellers: This shouldn’t be too difficult. Potensic provided a magnetic screwdriver to help attach the screws to prevent them from falling off. They also provided extra screws in case you misplaced some while attaching the propellers to the body of the drone.
Install the propeller guards if you want
Insert the charged battery in the battery slot of the drone
3. Pairing the Potensic T25 With Your Smartphone
The next step is to pair the Potensic T25 drone with your smartphone
1) Download the Potensic app on your phone – free
2) Turn on the controller.
3) Switch on the drone’s battery. The battery’s lights will show the charge level; four lights indicate a full charge. before successful pairing and calibration.
4) Go to the WiFi section of your phone’s settings and choose the Potensic WiFi signal.
5) Click the “Enter Device” button in the app’s first page’s center after launching the Potensic app.
4. Calibrating the GPS of the Potensic T25
This is the final step you have to take before you can begin flying the drone.
Step #1: Switch on your drone and the remote controller, and flip the joysticks upwards when everything is on.
Step #2: Rotate the drone counterclockwise while it is on the ground by standing above it, looking down at it from above, and rotating it while it is on the ground as if you were turning off a faucet. When this is successful, two of the drone’s lights ought to cease flashing and go blue.
Step #3: Turn the drone 90 degrees so that it is on its side, then spin it so that the propeller guards are perpendicular to the ground and rotating in a plane that is parallel to the ground. The second time you correctly spin the drone, the second pair of lights will cease flashing and turn white. So, the drone’s four lights—two of which are white and two of which are blue—are all solid and not flashing.
Step #4: Press the joystick in and flip it down to switch on the propellers. Your drone is now ready for flight.
Best Alternatives to the Potensic T25
In this section, I’ll share with you three alternatives to the Potensic T25 to give you more options:
1. Potensic Dreamer Pro (Best Overall Potensic Drone)
The Potensic Dreamer Pro is my best Potensic drone. It has a 4K camera for taking selfies and landscape photography, a 3-axis gimbal for stabilizing the camera during flight, 28 minutes of flight time per battery, and a ton of awesome features that provides a fun flight.
2. Potensic Atom SE (Best Potensic Drone With The Longest Flight Time)
The Potensic Atom SE is my best Potensic drone with the longest flight time. The package comes with dual batteries, each having a maximum battery life of 31 per battery. This gives you enough time to explore the sky while capturing your favorite scenes.
3. DJI Mavic Mini (Best DJI Alternatives)
The DJI Mavic Mini is my best DJI alternative to the Potensic T25. It saves you from the hassle of registering your drone with the FAA because it weighs less than the minimum weight. Plus, it also has a ton of awesome features without breaking the bank.
Potensic T25 Safety Tips
- For your safety and that of the drone, avoid flying near or over obstacles, such as high-voltage power lines, crowds, trees, water bodies, and airports.
- You’re advised to fly in open areas, where you can maintain a line of sight, preferably below heights of 120 meters.
- Be careful with rotating motors and propellers, and keep a distance to avoid ear damage from the drone’s nose.
- Avoid flying in extreme weather conditions like rain, fog, snow, and strong winds.
- Avoid flying the drone when tired, under the influence of alcohol or medication, or in any physical discomfort.
- Keep the drone clean and well-maintained.
- Read the user manual thoroughly before flying the Potensic T25.
- Follow the battery safety rules as outlined in the user manual.
- Fly the drone with a fully charged battery and perform all the recommended pre-flight procedures before take-off
- Follow your local laws on drone flying and avoid flying in No-Fly zones.
- Always check the drone, controller, and battery for damages and correct installation before a flight.
- The onboard compass can be affected by electromagnetic fields near base stations or power lines.
Final Thoughts on the Potensic T25
The Potensic T25 is a suitable drone for beginners and those new to drone flying. It helps that most of the flight features can be found in expensive drones too. The Potensic interface is easy to use both on the app and the remote controller.
The T25 is pretty affordable and can be placed in the category of toy-grade drones. So do not expect top-notch cutting-edge quality, let’s be honest, there is so much you can ask for a drone going for the price of T25, and I think it’s okay.
You can also check out the best Potensic drones to see reviews of various drones from the Potensic series and know what benefits they have in store for you.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and other drone enthusiasts on social media using the share button below, telling them what you have learned here today!