Hello, drone enthusiasts! Welcome to my Bwine F7 GB2 review in 2023.
The Bwine F7 GB2 can be considered a professional drone in every way. It can even be compared with the DJI Mavic Mini, which is $550 more expensive than the F7GB2. This drone is suitable for professionals and beginners.
Although if you are a beginner, I have to advise you to learn how to fly a drone properly with a mini drone before moving to a more advanced drone like the F7GB2. I hope that through my honest review, you can make an informed decision on whether you want to purchase this drone.
The Bwine F7 GB2 was manufactured by a Chinese drone manufacturer known for creating quality and affordable drones for the public. I will try my very best to provide you with the best in-depth analysis, features, flight features, and pros and cons.
The Bwine F7 GB2 is almost a dream come true for a lot of customers looking for an affordable, advanced drone. I said “almost” because even with this drone’s amazing features, it does have some issues in some areas, like the absence of the optical flow sensor.
The Bwine F7 GB2 comes equipped with some features that can be found in more expensive drones like a 4K camera equipped 3-axis camera, GPS-enabled flight and altitude holding, brushless motors, and a powerful battery.
In this Bwine F7 GB2 review, I will go over the features and benefits of this drone to show you if it is the right choice for you before you go ahead and purchase it.
- Quick Overview of the Bwine F7 GB2
- What’s Inside The Bwine F7 GB2 Box
- Bwine F7 GB2 Specifications
- Features and Benefits of the Bwine F7 GB2
- Flight Performance and Stability
- Bwine F7 GB2 Pros and Cons
- Bwine F7 GB2 Set Up
- Bwine F7 GB2 Safety Tips
- Final Thoughts on the Bwine F7 GB2
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Bwine F7 GB2
Quick Overview of the Bwine F7 GB2
The Bwine F7 GB2 is equipped with a 4K camera that has a 3-axis gimbal capable of taking stable aerial pictures and footage. It has a GPS-enabled flight feature and powerful brushless motors for wind resistance. It comes with two intelligent batteries and is capable of several intelligent flight patterns, like waypoints mode, Follow me mode, orbit mode, and lots more.
The F7 GB2 is a great drone for both beginners and professionals. The F7 GB2 is advanced enough to compete with other advanced drones in its price category and even some a little bit higher.
The F7 GB2 is not a difficult drone to fly, given its cutting-edge specs. It is not a hassle to fly. A beginner who chooses to fly this drone will not have a difficult time flying it.
The Bwine F7 GB2 manufacturer’s main focus was making a more affordable advanced drone that could compete with more expensive advanced drones.
Honestly, they almost succeeded. The F7GB2 may be advanced, but it still needs some improvements to compete with expensive advanced drones like the Autel and DJI brands.
The first thing that struck me when I unboxed the Bwine F7 GB2 was how neatly it was wrapped. There was no damage or missing parts, and the drone and all of its accessories were properly wrapped in a strong box.
The drone is well-made and has a premium feel to it, with a stylish appearance that will turn heads.
One of the Bwine F7 GB2’s flaws I could find was the absence of an optical flow sensor, which caused the drone to bounce when landing or getting close to the ground.
The GPS connection helps the drone stay stable during flight, so you will not notice the absence of the optimal flow sensor. Another flaw is the 15 fps camera, which is kind of a bummer because the drone’s camera is great and crystal clear.
The Bwine F7 GB2 is suitable for professionals and beginner drone flyers. This drone can be referred to as an advanced drone based on its capabilities. The F7GB2 is an outdoor drone.
What’s Inside The Bwine F7 GB2 Box
- 𝟭 𝘅 Bwine F7 GB2 4K 15FPS Camera Drone
- 𝟭 𝘅 Transmitter
- 𝟯 𝘅 11.1V 2600mAh Batteries (25 minutes per battery)
- 𝟮 𝘅 USB Cable
- 𝟰 𝘅 Propeller Blade
- 𝟭 𝘅 Allen wrench
- 𝟭𝟮 𝘅 Screw
- 𝟯 𝘅 User manual
- 𝟭 𝘅 Carry Shell Case
Bwine F7 GB2 Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.65 x 6.34 x 5.31 inches (Folding)/ 15.67 x 12.83 x 5.31 inches (Unfolding)
- Camera: 4K, Three-axis gimbal (Adjusted angle -900 to 00 )
- Photo Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160)
- Video: 4K 15fps, SD card storage / 1280 x 720P, mobile transmission
- Max Flight Time: 75 Minutes (25 minutes per battery)
- Battery Charging Time: 7 hours
- Max Control Range; 9842ft
- Max height: 393ft
- Max FPV Transmission Range: 9842ft
- Max Supported SD Card: 128GB
Features and Benefits of the Bwine F7 GB2
Let’s go over the features of the Bwine F7 GB2 and its benefits to users.
Design and Build
The Bwine F7 GB2 drone has a pretty unique appearance. Its landing gear is pretty obvious. The drone is sturdy to hold and has a 4K camera with a 3-axis gimbal lodged underneath the drone. while the battery is housed at the back of the drone.
The drone’s body is made from high-quality plastic, which is both lightweight and durable. The plastic material used is of high quality, which is why the drone feels solid in the hand. The rotors are also made from high-quality plastic and are designed to withstand minor collisions and crashes.
The Bwine F7 GB2 comes assembled, but the camera can be detached and reattached if you so desire or should you need a replacement. The drone is foldable and comes with a pretty quality case to move it around.
Size and weight
The Bwine F7 GB2 is a compact drone that measures 15.67 x 12.83 x 5.31 inches. It is not lightweight, weighing 550 g.
Given that its weight is above 250 g, you will have to register the drone with the FAA before flying it in public.
Battery Flight Time
The Bwine F7 GB2 comes with an 11.1V, 2600mAh lithium-polymer battery that gives it a 20-minute flight time, which is different from the 25-minute flight time that’s advertised on the sales page.
After testing, the Bwine F7 GB2 battery takes around 5-6 hours to charge completely. You always have three batteries on hand; that way, you get up to 60 minutes of flight time, so purchasing extra batteries may be the way to go.
To charge the battery, you need to connect it to a USB cable that is included in the package. The charging process is simple, and the LED lights on the battery indicate the charging status.
The Bwine F7 GB2 comes with a 4K, 15fps camera that gives crisp picture quality and has a 3-axis gimbal for aerial stability. When recording videos, the Bwine F7 GB2 supports 4K high-definition video at up to 15 frames per second. Camera quality is one of the most important factors in buying a drone, and the Bwine F7 GB2 does not disappoint.
The Bwine F7 GB2’s camera has a wide-angle lens with a 120-degree field of view that can capture maximum details in your shot. While the 90-degree adjustable camera lens can capture photos and videos from different perspectives.
Video and Photo Quality
The Bwine F7 GB2 camera is perfect for capturing beautiful aerial footage and images. However, the video quality is top-notch. There is a chance that videos stored on your SD card attached to the drone will be of higher quality than the ones stored on your phone through FPV.
One of the standout features of the Bwine F7 GB2 is its 3-axis camera, which makes it better than all the previous Bwine drone cameras and other drone brands in its price range.
Live Streaming and FPV
The Bwine F7 GB2 also comes with live streaming and first-person view (FPV) capabilities. You can connect your smartphone to the drone’s Wi-Fi network to view real-time video footage of your flight. The drone also comes with a remote control that has a built-in smartphone holder, making it easy to view the footage from your smartphone while you fly.
The Bwine F7 GB2 remote is great to handle and easy to maneuver. The remote control is not difficult to figure out; it’s pretty straightforward, like the return home button, power button, take off button, and land button.
First, you have to unfold the controller. At the upper part are the antennae for Wi-Fi, then your phone holder, and at the lower part are the grip handles.
The back of the remote controller holds the left-hand side of the camera, and underneath it is the camera zoom dial. The right-hand side has the video record button, and underneath it is the gimbal dial.
The front of the remote controller houses an LCD screen that displays signal strength, power levels, a GPS signal, and other signals. Both joysticks are visible, while to the left-hand side, there is the speed button and emergency stop button (a long press is required to initiate this, but only in an emergency).
The right-hand side has the “power” button (short press to switch on the transmitter and long press to switch off) and the “Return to home” (your drone returns to the point of take-off).
The remote control comes with an internal battery and charger. You have to download the Ruko drone app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices, to connect your smartphone to the drone and also utilize the FPV feature.
Flight Performance and Stability
I always look for drones that can provide a smooth and stable flying experience, and the Bwine F7 GB2 does not disappoint. In this section, we will delve into the flight performance and stability of the Bwine F7 GB2 drone.
Flight modes and features
The Bwine F7 GB2 comes with a variety of flight modes that make flying a lot more fun and engaging. With the Altitude Hold mode, you can keep the drone hovering in the air, which is especially helpful when taking photos or videos. Additionally, the One-Key takeoff and landing feature makes it easy for beginners to launch and land the drone without any difficulty.
Other features include intelligent flight patterns like the waypoint orbit, follow-me mode, and orbit mode.
Flight time and range
The Bwine F7 GB2 has a flight time of up to 20 minutes on a single charge, which is quite impressive for a drone in its class. Its range is also remarkable, with a maximum range of up to 2 miles. With its long flight time and range, the Bwine F7 GB2 is perfect for aerial photography and exploration.
Wind resistance and stability
The Bwine F7 GB2 is equipped with four powerful brushless motors that provide excellent stability in only moderately windy conditions. Due to its size and the presence of GPS-enabled flight, your drone should be okay to fly in moderate winds.
Bwine F7 GB2 Pros and Cons
Here, I’ll go over what I like and don’t like about the Bwine F7 GB2
Pros: What I Like About the Bwine F7 GB2
- User-friendly: One of the best things about the Bwine F7 GB2 is that it’s user-friendly. It has a straightforward design and comes with easy-to-follow instructions, making it easy for beginners to get started.
- Stable flight: The Bwine F7 GB2 has a stable flight, which means that it’s easy to control and maneuver. The drone’s GPS positioning and navigation systems ensure that it stays stable in the air, even in windy conditions.
- High-quality camera: The drone’s camera is of high quality, and it can take both photos and videos. The camera is also equipped with image stabilization technology, which ensures that your shots are smooth and steady.
- Long flight time: The Bwine F7 GB2 has a long flight time, which means that you can enjoy flying it for an extended period. The drone’s battery can last up to 20 minutes, which is impressive compared to other drones in its price range.
- 3-axis gimbal: This help stabilize the camera during flight. Ensuring that you take high-quality aerial pictures and videos and prevent shaky footage.
Cons: What I Don’t Like About The Bwine F7 GB2
- No Obstacle Avoidance capabilities: While the Bwine F7 GB2 may have several other cutting-edge features, it does not have obstacle avoidance capabilities, so ensure you do fly around trees and electrical poles.
- Long battery charge time: the battery charge time is quite long, which can be frustrating if you need to use the drone for a long period or complete a mission quickly. It means that I have to plan my flights and ensure that the battery is fully charged before each use, which can be inconvenient.
- No optical flow sensor: Another issue I have with this drone is the lack of an optical flow sensor. This means that it can be more challenging to fly in certain environments, such as indoors or in areas with low GPS signals. It also increases the risk of crashes, which can be concerning.
- 15fps camera sensor: A 15fps camera sensor may not provide the smoothest video footage or the sharpest images, which could be a disadvantage for users who need high-quality visual output. It may also limit the drone’s use in certain applications, such as professional photography or videography.
- FAA registration: FAA registration requirement is something to consider if you’re thinking of purchasing this drone. If it weighs more than 0.55 pounds, you’ll need to go through the registration process, which can be time-consuming and add to the overall cost of the drone. It’s worth keeping this in mind if you’re planning to use the drone for commercial purposes or in areas where FAA registration is mandatory.”
Bwine F7 GB2 Set Up
I’ll go over some basic setups for the Bwine F7 GB2 if you’re a beginner drone pilot who doesn’t know how to set up the drone. However, you’ll have to exercise patience so you don’t screw things up.
1. Charging the Bwine F7 GB2
The first step is to charge the Bwine F7 GB2 remote control and the drone battery with the USB cord. Unfortunately, only one USB cable is provided in the package, so you’ll either have to wait for one of them to get full before charging the other or simply buy another USB cable.
2. Assembling the Bwine F7 GB2
Putting on the propellers: This shouldn’t be too difficult. Potensic provided a magnetic screwdriver to help in attaching the screws to prevent them from falling off. They also provided extra screws in case you misplaced some while attaching the propellers to the drone’s body.
Install the propeller guards if you want
Insert the charged battery in the battery slot of the drone
The landing gear comes pre-assembled just like the SD card.
3. Pairing the Bwine F7 GB2 With Your Smartphone
So, you’ve got yourself a Bwine F7 GB2 drone, and you’re wondering how to set it up and connect it with your remote control and smartphone. No worries, I’ll guide you through the process step by step.
Setting up the remote control:
· Make sure the remote control is fully charged and turned on.
· Insert the included batteries into the drone and turn it on.
· Press and hold the power button on the remote control until the LED lights start to blink. This means it’s in pairing mode.
Setting up the smartphone:
· Download and install the Bwine F7 app on your smartphone.
· Open the app and look for the drone’s name in the list of available devices.
· Click on the drone’s name and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone to the drone’s Wi-Fi network.
Connecting the drone and the remote control:
· Turn on the remote control and the drone.
· Once the remote control is in pairing mode, the drone should automatically connect with it.
· Make sure that the remote control and the drone are successfully paired before flying.
· Controlling the drone with your smartphone:
Launch the Bwine F7 GB2 app on your smartphone.
· On the app’s home screen, you should be able to see what the drone’s camera sees.
· Use the on-screen controls to move the drone and adjust its camera.
And that’s it! You’re now ready to take off and capture some incredible footage. Just remember to always fly your drone responsibly and follow local regulations.
4. Calibrating the GPS of the Bwine F7 GB2
This is the final step you have to take before you can begin flying the drone.
Step #1: Switch on your drone and the remote controller, and flip the joysticks upwards when everything is on.
Step #2: Rotate the drone counterclockwise while it is on the ground by standing above it, looking down at it from above, and rotating it while it is on the ground as if you were turning off a faucet. When this is successful, two of the drone’s lights ought to cease flashing and go blue.
Step #3: Turn the drone 90 degrees so it is on its side, then spin it so that the propeller guards are perpendicular to the ground and rotating in a parallel plane. The second time you correctly spin the drone, the second pair of lights will cease flashing and turn white. So, the drone’s four lights—two of which are white and two of which are blue—are all solid and not flashing.
Step #4: Press the joystick in and flip it down to switch on the propellers. With that, your drone is ready for flight.
Bwine F7 GB2 Safety Tips
- For your safety and that of the drone, avoid flying near or over obstacles, such as high-voltage power lines, crowds, trees, water bodies, and airports.
- You’re advised to fly in open areas, where you can maintain a line of sight, preferably below heights of 120 meters.
- Be careful with rotating motors and propellers, and keep a distance to avoid ear damage from the drone’s nose.
- Avoid flying in extreme weather conditions like rain, fog, snow, and strong winds.
- Avoid flying the drone when tired, under the influence of alcohol or medication, or in any physical discomfort.
- Keep the drone clean and well-maintained.
- Read the user manual thoroughly before flying the Bwine F7 GB2.
- Follow the battery safety rules as outlined in the user manual.
- Fly the drone with a fully charged battery and perform all the recommended pre-flight procedures before take-off
- Follow your local laws on drone flying and avoid flying in No-Fly zones.
- Always check the drone, controller, and battery for damages and correct installation before a flight.
- The onboard compass can be affected by electromagnetic fields near base stations or power lines.
Final Thoughts on the Bwine F7 GB2
In my opinion, the Bwine F7 GB2 drone is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an affordable, high-quality drone with advanced features. With its GPS capabilities, this drone is suited for outdoor activities like hiking and mountain climbing.
What sets the Bwine F7 GB2 drone apart from other drones in its class is its balance of advanced features and affordability. While it’s true that some drones offer similar features, they often come with a high price tag.
The Bwine F7 GB2 drone, on the other hand, provides advanced features such as GPS and a 4K camera at a relatively reasonable cost. This makes it accessible to a wide range of users, from professionals to hobbyists.
Overall, if you’re looking for a drone with advanced capabilities without breaking the bank, the Bwine F7 GB2 drone is an excellent choice.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and other drone enthusiasts on social media using the share button below, telling them what you have learned here today!
Frequently Asked Questions on the Bwine F7 GB2
What is the maximum range of the Bwine F7 GB2?
The maximum range of the Bwine F7 GB2 is 2km in open areas without any interference.
How long does it take to charge the Bwine F7 GB2 battery?
It takes approximately 5-6 hours to fully charge the Bwine F7 GB2 battery.
Can I fly the Bwine F7 GB2 indoors?
Yes, you can fly the Bwine F7 GB2 indoors. However, it’s not recommended to fly it in large and open indoor spaces with enough clearance.
Does the Bwine F7 GB2 come with a camera?
Yes, the Bwine F7 GB2 comes with a 4K camera that can capture both photos and videos.
Can I control the Bwine F7 GB2 with a smartphone?
Yes, you can control the Bwine F7 GB2 with a smartphone using the Bwine app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Is the Bwine F7 GB2 easy to fly for beginners?
Yes, the Bwine F7 GB2 is easy to fly for beginners. It has a one-key takeoff and landing feature, altitude hold mode, and headless mode that make it easier to control and maneuver.
What is the flight time of the Bwine F7 GB2?
The flight time of the Bwine F7 GB2 is approximately 28 minutes per fully charged battery.
Does the Bwine F7 GB2 have obstacle avoidance features?
No, the Bwine F7 GB2 does not have obstacle avoidance features.
How does the Bwine F7 GB2 compare to other drones in its price range?
The Bwine F7 GB2 is one of the best drones in its price range. It offers many features and specifications that are not found in other drones in its class, such as GPS positioning and navigation, image stabilization, and live streaming capabilities.